NOTHING ANCIENT ABOUT THIS BREW
“I’m super proud of this beer. Hope you like it!” -Matt Brynildson, Brewmaster
All of the wonderful hop-driven flavors of Nectar IPA turned up to create a classic DIPA. Big herbal resinous hop flavor with balancing stone fruit notes, round malt middle and assertive hop bitterness in the finish.
This double IPA does everything twice. Double the hops, double the ABV = one heck of a brew. Named for the California coastal redwoods, one of the oldest and tallest living species in America, we think this big brew does these imperial giants justice.
Hungry? 500 BC goes great with Ricotta cheesecake with ginger crust and salted caramel sauce. Are you drooling yet?
- Limited Release
- Style: Double India Pale Ale/ Imperial IPA
- IBUs: 80
- ABV: 8.3%
- Color: Pours a golden copper color with a thick, effervescent, off-white head
- Dry Hopped: Cascade, Chinook, Centennial, CTZ
- Format: Draught-5.2 Gallon Keg, Bottle- 22oz
- Don’t let this one sit for too long. 6-9 month shelf life for this hoppy brew.
- 96 rating (Draft Magazine)
- 94 rating (Ratebeer.com)